CranioSacral Therapist, Clinic Owner & Director
Eloise is a Licensed Massage Therapist with advanced training and Diplomate certification in CranioSacral Therapy. She received her CST training with the Upledger Institute.
Eloise has defined and refined CranioSacral therapy treatment protocols for those with EDS and continues to derive new techniques and adaptations for each of her clients. She has spent years researching, practicing and implementing CranioSacral Therapy techniques to specifically address the unique qualities of people with EDS. She is a lifelong student of her clients and mentors and in turn, mentors and educates colleagues and health professionals on Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes.
Eloise considers her clients her teachers and feels honored to be involved in their healing process. As an empath and intuit, combined with her years of training in CranioSacral Therapy and massage therapy, Eloise can be by your side for your healing.
Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes, Sports Injuries, Concussion, Trauma, and Wellness of Mind, Body, & Spirit.
Scope of Practice and Diagnosing
Eloise’s License in massage therapy limits the scope of her practice to soft tissue evaluation and manipulation and does not permit diagnoses, prescriptions, or medical referrals or imaging. Client support, recommendations and suggestions is accepted and encouraged within the massage therapy profession.
Education & Training
- Diplomate Certified in CranioSacral Therapy, Upledger Institute, 2018
- Reiki II Certified
- B.A/ Biology, Long Island University, 1993
- Certified Doula (previous), Association of Labor Assistants and Childbirth Educators (ALACE) 1997-2007
- Instructor for American Academy of Husband Coached Childbirth (the Bradley Method) 1994-2004
- Licensed Massage Therapist 2003-Current
- CranioSacral Therapist 2005-Current
- Teaching Assistant: Upledger Institute International
- Certified Presenter for the Upledger Inststitiute International
- Primary Therapist: Comprehensive Therapy Programs (CTP): Upledger Institute International
- CranioSacral Therapy 1 & 2
- Somato-Emotional Release 1 & 2
- Advanced CranioSacral Therapy 1 & 2
- CranioSacral Therapy for Sensory Integration
- Medical Neuroscience, Duke U; Coursera online education
- NeuroMeningeal Maniplation/ Barral
- CST Touching the Brain/Glial Interface, Upledger/Wanveer
- CranioSacral Therapy Working with Chronic Depletion, Upledger/Moya
- CranioSacral Therapy and Listening to the Second Brain - The Enteric Nervous System, Upledger/ Kenward
- Cranial Lymphatic Balancing/D'Ambrogio
- Distance Healing- Healing From the Core, Scurlock
- CranioSacral Therapy and the Cranial Nerves, Upledger/Axelrod
- In Process: Diploma of Osteopathic Manual Therapy, London School of Osteopathy
- Certified Teaching Assistant for CranioSacral Therapy levels 1 & 2; Somato-Emotional Release levels 1 & 2, Advanced 1
- Support Therapist for Upledger International / Integrative Intentions Comprehensive Therapy Programs
- Upledger Institute Certified Presenter
- Presenter for Beyond the Dura 2019: CranioSacral Therapy for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
Applications of CranioSacral Therapy for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
Thanks to the work of Drs. Still, Sutherland and Upledger, CST is practiced around the world. The most renowned school for CranioSacral Therapy is the Upledger institute in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. The Upledger Institute offers training around the world. The Upledger Institute is also involved in research, treatment, and outreach. They have several unique patient programs including dolphin therapy and clinical intensives. The dolphin program takes place in the Bahamas several times a year and offers patients with complex medical conditions an incredible journey to be treated by dolphins and practitioners! Clinical intensives include multiple sessions/day for several consecutive days, with at least two, sometimes up to five, therapists.
CST practitioners often include massage therapists, doctors, physical and occupational therapists, acupuncturists, chiropractors, dentists, speech pathologists, psychologists, counselors, nurses, etc. To practice professionally in the US, a practitioner must carry a license in a healthcare field with their state's Department of Health. Practitioners may practice under their original healthcare license but also have the the option to pursue certification with the Upledger Institute. There are currently two levels: Technique Certification, and Diplomate Certification. One must first achieve the techniques certification before applying for diplomate. Therapists who choose to persue certification are dedicated to their personal grownth and education. Each level certification may take years to complete and requires extensive knowledge in anatomy, osteopathy, neurology, psychology, and ethics.